When handling cytostatics you can never be too safe.
As opposed to the commonly used 2-filter technology, the third filter level, through its trend-setting filter layout, offers not only a clearly higher level of safety, but also many other advantages:
- Redundant HEPA filter system.
- Very high total filtration efficiency of 99.99999975% in MPPS (Most Penetrating Particle Size)
- Protects better than ULPA filters (Ultra Low Penetration Air) of the U17 class.
- Main filter level directly beneath the work surface filters out particulate contamination via an extremely short air channel.
- No unnecessary contamination in inaccessible areas.
- Essential air conducting components such as filters, ventilators and air channels remain free of contamination.
- Complicated and costly filter changes and reductions, as required in a 2-filter system, can usually be foregone.
- Recirculation filters and exhaust air filters normally do not need to be changed